This is a meme that’s hosted every Tuesday by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme for this week is the top ten most unique books I’ve read.
Now I’m more or less a mainstream reader so I can’t say that a lot of the books I read are unique. Maybe they’re unique to me in amongst the usual stuff I read but not that unique…
- Lost and Found by Amy Shojai | This is a book I’m currently reading, it has dogs in it and tells part of the story from their perspective which I am really liking.
- Shake Hands with the Devil by Lt. Gen. Roméo Dallaire | An autobiography about the Rwandan genocide, unique in that it’s the autobiography of the UN general who was in charge of the humanitarian mission.
- The Conquest by Yxta Maya Murray | The story has a story within it… The main character restores books and the story in the book she’s restoring is told as we’re being told her story.
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel | If this doesn’t qualify as a unique book I don’t know what does!
- Pole Dancer by Nikki St John | A story about the pole dancing world, I’m not sure there is another book out there like this one.
- Looking Glass Lives by Felice Picano | This book has something like reincarnation along with a gay theme, but predominantly reincarnation.
- Welcome Home, Jellybean by Marlene Fanta Shyer | Looking at family life with a child who has a handicap. This was a different kind of books for me.
- The Martian by Andy Weir | Ok so there are plenty of sci-fi books set in outer space but this one really stuck with me as being something more on the believable side.
- 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson | I know, another outer space one! But this one set in the future and the science behind it, it’s just so eerie you could actually believe it was how humanity would end up.
- Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay | Heaps of murder books out there but c’mon, soft spot for Dexter. Not only does he not have feelings (apparently), he kills bad people and the people he does kill are just so messed up and well..creative. Lindsay must be one disturbed person is all I can say!
What did you have on your Top Ten list this week?