This is one of two reading challenges I’m doing this year and this is my really late monthly checkup post to see how I’m going at hitting my target for this challenge.
I committed myself to the Out of Breath level which means I need to read an extra 6-10 books, or roughly an extra 1,500-2,749 pages. Last year I read 27 books, so that means this year I’m aiming to read 33-37 books.
In October I finished reading four books, which is the one more than in September so it seems like a good steady stream of books. Here’s the list of books I finished reading:
- Welcome Home, Jellybean by Marlene Fanta Shyer
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Pole Dancer by Nikki St. John
This gives me a total of 36 books read so far this year. You know what this means? I hit my target already and the year isn’t even over yet, woohoo!
I am also currently reading/listening to a couple of other books, though I haven’t had as much reading time as I would have liked the last few weeks because I’ve just had so much on my plate and have getting back into my dance training.
- Before the Dawn by Max Allan Collins – this one is my eBook that goes with me everywhere so I don’t have to lug around a physical book, and I also read it during my lunch break at work. This is actually the book series that the TV show Dark Angel was based on.
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent – this is an audiobook which I listen to when I’m doing chores around the house like cooking or cleaning and I only have a few minutes left to go on it.
- Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan – this is a giant physical book, hence why I don’t carry it around, this one stays at home and I read it when eating or whenever the mood strikes me.
Are you doing this challenge as well? How many books did you read in October?