This is one of two reading challenges I’m doing this year and this is my monthly checkup to see how I’m going at hitting my target for this challenge.
I committed myself to the Out of Breath level which means I need to read an extra 6-10 books, or roughly an extra 1,500-2,749 pages. Last year I read 27 books, so that means this year I’m aiming to read 33-37 books.
In September I finished reading three books, which is the same number as in August so it seems like a good steady stream of books.
- Wicked Appetite by Janet Evanovich
- Puberty Blues by Kathy Lette and Gabrielle Carey
- The Martian by Andy Weir
This gives me a total of 32 books read so far this year. I’m so close to hitting my target which is really exciting!
I am also currently reading/listening to a couple of other books, though I haven’t had as much reading time as I would have liked the last couple of weeks at least because I’ve been so busy Nutrimetics work and working in my garden to set up a veggie patch.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker (still, I know!) – this one is my eBook that goes with me everywhere so I don’t have to lug around a physical book, and I also read it during my lunch break at work. And yep, still haven’t finished it, it’s such a long intense book!
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson – this is an audiobook which I listen to when I’m doing chores around the house like cooking or cleaning.
- Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan – this is a giant physical book, hence why I don’t carry it around, this one stays at home and I read it when eating or whenever the mood strikes me.
Are you doing this challenge as well? How many books did you read in September?