Every month the bloggers over at 5 Minutes for Books do a post where they summarise the books they’ve been reading for the past month. Anyone can join in and below is my summary for the month.
I’m a bit late with my update for August because I was away but, better late than never! I had an ok book reading month last month, I finished reading three books. I’ve actually given myself a break from reading New Scientist for a bit because it was just becoming too much to try and get through a magazine and some light reading in one week. So really, I’ve had a terrible reading much and haven’t read anywhere near as much as I normally would have!
Since my last post in July, here are the few books I finished reading… There are still a couple I need to do reviews on, but the ones that have links go to the reviews.
- Do You Come Here Often? by Alexandra Potter
- Big Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught
- Winter’s Heart by Robert Jordan
I have a few books on the go at the moment, although none of them are ones that were what I thought I’d read next going by last months’ post.
- The Martian by Andy Weir – This book lives on my nightstand pretty much and is the book I spend a few minutes reading in the evening or while I’m eating.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker – This is an eBook and so is easier to carry around with me cos it lives on my phone (or laptop if I need a break from work), and I can read a bit here and there before an appointment or something.
- Puberty Blues by Gabrielle Carey and Kathy Lette – This is an audio book and I tend to listen to it when I preparing my lunch or cooking dinner or even out for a walk.
I haven’t really thought too much about what books are up next, but maybe one or two of the following:
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Welcome Home, Jellybean by Marlene Fanta Shyer
- Crossroads of Twilight by Robert Jordan
What books have you been reading the last month or so? Are there any books you’re reading now or are looking forward to reading in the near future?