This is one of two reading challenges I’m doing this year and this is my monthly checkup to see how I’m going at hitting my target for this challenge.
I committed myself to the Out of Breath level which means I need to read an extra 6-10 books, or roughly an extra 1,500-2,749 pages. Last year I read 27 books, so that means this year I’m aiming to read 33-37 books.
In July I finished reading four books, which is the same as June and not a bad effort I reckon.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
- The House of Dust and Dreams by Brenda Reid
This gives me a total of 26 books read so far this year. Just over half the year has gone and I’ve nearly read the same number of books this year as I did last year, so I definitely feel like I’m on track to achieve this goal!
Adding on top of the books, I also read a New Scientist magazine each week, so there has been a lot of reading happening, and yet I still feel like I want to do more!
I am also currently reading/listening to a few books which I seem to be whizzing through which oddly excites me:
- Do You Come Here Often? by Alexandra Potter (I actually finished reading this book today)
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Winter’s Heart by Robert Jordan
- Big Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught
Are you doing this challenge as well? How many books did you read in July?