This is one of two reading challenges I’m doing this year and this is my monthly checkup to see how I’m going at hitting my target for this challenge.
I committed myself to the Out of Breath level which means I need to read an extra 6-10 books, or roughly an extra 1,500-2,749 pages. Last year I read 27 books, so that means this year I’m aiming to read 33-37 books.
In June I finished reading four books, which is two less than last month, which is a pretty decent effort.
- Monster Blood – R.L. Stine
- Path of Daggers – Robert Jordan
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team – Patrick Lencioni
- The Bone Season – Samantha Shannon
This gives me a total of 22 books read so far this year. Give we’re halfway through the year, it’s looking pretty well like I’m going to hit my target which is exciting.
Adding on top of the books, I also read a New Scientist magazine each week, so there has been a lot of reading happening, and yet I still feel like I want to do more!
I am also currently reading/listening to three books which are actually taking me a while to get through:
- The House of Dust and Dreams – Brenda Reid
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
Are you doing this challenge as well? How many books did you read in June?